Friday, June 19, 2020

On the Run (1986-1989) Mix

Based on an idea that's been floating around in my head for literally probably fifteen years now, that eventually I made a thread about on Philaflava some months back. It's about rap music where being on the run is depicted in at least some aspect of the song. So shouts to everybody who's helped out tellin' me about and remindin' me of tracks for this project.

(Since I don't know exactly what I'm doing, this is more a proof of concept mix in Audacity that may be redone by me in something like Ableton at some later date, no promises though. I know the album version of 6 N the Morning is quieter here than the single version but other than that I'm actually not upset with how this has turned out so far.)

Here's the first section, from the mid to late eighties. You'll notice from the title and tracklist that the plan is remain roughly chronological:

 On the Run (1986-1989) Mix by TheBigSleep


Ice-T – 6 N the Morning [Single Version] (1986)
Ice-T – 6 N the Morning [Album Version] (1987)
Beastie Boys – Paul Revere [TheBigSleep Edit] (1986)
Public Enemy – You're Gonna Get Yours (1987)
Public Enemy – Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos (1988)
Slick Rick – Children's Story (1988)
Boogie Down Productions – Bo! Bo! Bo! (1989)
Ice-T – The Hunted Child (1989)
N.W.A. – Fuck Tha Police [Eazy-E Verse] (1988)

Download.


Happy Juneteenth!

No comments:

Post a Comment